Bajra Sandhi Location
Bajra Sandhi Monument is located in the center of Denpasar City right in front of Bali’s Governor Office. It is situated in Renon Village, Denpasar District those easily accessed from any directions and close with other famous tourist destination in Denpasar such as Badung Traditional Market, Jagatnatha Temple, Bali Art Center, Bali Museum and Sanur Beach.
This monument contains 33 dioramas describing the history of the prehistoric (300,000 BC) that the humans are still moving and highly depends on the nature until the independence era (1950 – 1975)where the development of Bali are covering all aspects such as political, economic and social cultures. After knowing and understanding the course of history, soul and spirit of Balinese people struggle from time to time can be expected to strengthen the culture identity and more over the tourism in Bali was developed as a Culture Tourism so as not eroded by globalization forces. During its development, Bajra Sandhi becomes more famous and established as tourist destination in Denpasar Bali and many visited by tourist every day.
Philosophy of Monument Building
The appearance of building physical is steeped in the meaning of Hindu religion’s philosophy, Lingga Yoni. The monument itself is a symbol of Lingga, meanwhile base of the building as Yoni. In addition to the Lingga Yoni, it was listed also in the playback story of Mahagiri at Ksirarnawa that had been taken from Adi Parwa, an old manuscript in Bali. From monument building we can see:
- Guci Amertha (Amertha Jar) is illustrated by a basin (sort of pot) that look on the top of monument
- Basuki Dragon tail is firmed close to Swamba and it head at Kori Agung (Main Entrance Gate)
- Bedawang Akupa’s body is realized on base of monument meanwhile Kori Agung (Main Entrance Gate) as a head
- Mandara Giri Mount is realized with towering of monument
- The fish pond surround the monument is describing as Ksirarnawa (the ocean of milk).